Google Penalty Recovery Tools
Many people begin to speculate whether they website has been penalised when the notice any combination of the following;
- Are you losing traffic to your website?
- Have you noticed a drop in sales?
- Have your keywords dropped from Google searches?
- Has your competitors website suddenly ranked higher than yours?
Google Penalty Recovery
Google’s algorithm is constantly being modified which means what might be good practice today, could be bad practice tomorrow.
There are an array of issues that may have caused Google to punish your websites page rank.
We are going to provide you with a few tips on what you can do to improve your websites search position, without even having to give us a call.
How you can help yourself…
Google Webmaster Tools
Simply sign in to your Google account and add your website URL. E.g. www.mywebsite.com
As soon as you’ve done this you’ll immediately receive reports via e-mail to alert you should any errors be found on your website.
Malware – Google will punish websites should it suspect it contains any malware which is a very common occurrence on the internet. You will be notified through Webmaster should Google suspect this.
Manual Action Notifications – Another large contributor to your website being penalised by Google is unnatural, spam or Blackhat Backlinks. See our page here.
Google Analytics is widely used to measure your website’s traffic, performance and conversions. A great feature of using Google Analytics is the ability to view which organic keywords are assosciated your website. Google loves organic keywords, and you should do your best to ensure that your website contains them. Using Google Analytics can help you identify how users are finding your website, and which keywords they are using. This can be of great help to us because we can check to make sure that there are no offensive keywords such as profanity which could effect your website’s search ranking.
Tips to stay on top of Google
- Connect Your Website to Google Webmaster Tools
- Verify ownership of your Webmaster Tools Account
- Review Site Errors, Crawl Errors or any Malware Notifications
- Check ‘Links to your site’ to ensure there are no backlinks to your site causing defamation.
- Submit a Sitemap for your site
- Regularly post blogs/articles with user generated content
- Review your user generated content to check for and remove spam
- Use keyword rich content when writing articles
- Use Google Analytics to find keywords associated with your website
- Use Google Analytics to optimise your website further
- Do not pay for Backlinks
If you’re still unhappy with your position on Google, then give us a call and we will perform a FREE Google Penalty Recovery Check
Check out these other tools..
Using this tool makes it easy to spot the differences and the correlations between your data, and Google’s new changes.
This tool is great to use to keep your website in real-time and prevent any knock down from Google before it happens.
After this analysis stage, you have the option to use a free tool that can tweak your site for you to reflect the new Google algorithm updates.
SEMrush is great for looking at historic organic search traffic to again compare against competitors or your current data. This tool details if and when a website has been penalised by Google and to what extent. You can then use this information to make the changes necessary.